2003 has been a strange year music wise with no real stand-out albums, a point demonstrated by the lack of any consensus across all those best of year critics polls. (Although that intriguing nu-Prince hiphop crossover album by OutKast is prominent in many of them). For what it's worth, here's my list of seven albums that really impressed me this year.
- Cat Power - 'You are Free'
- M Ward - 'The Transfiguration of Vincent'
- Radiohead - 'Hail to the Thief'
- Calexico 'Feast of Wire'
- Kings of Leon 'Youth and Young Manhood'
- Evan Dando 'Baby I'm Bored'
- My Morning Jacket - 'It Still Moves'
So, if you don't hear from me before then have a great Christmas. See you in the new year...