Wednesday, October 15, 2003

I had a weird dream last night that I was at an Iggy and the Stooges reunion concert. As you would expect, Iggy was a shirtless dervish on stage - all strut and swagger and sweat. I was disappointed they didn't play anything from the first two Stooges albums - in fact , I didn't recognise any of the songs apart from something off metallic KO - which is particularly strange considering I have never heard the album. I put the unfamiliar set-list down to the fact that the band included James Williamson on guitar - basically it was the Raw Power line up (which I do own - but again no Raw Power song were played). At the end of the gig Williamson attempted to prove his proto-punk credentials by throwing a bottle into the audience - it landed at my feet but it didn't break on account of it being an empty plastic water bottle. What does it all mean I wonder?

No comments: