Wednesday, December 18, 2002

You might find them boring but I love year end best-of lists - none of that year in review type stuff, just the plain top ten of things that matter so I can quantify and compare with years past. And whats a blog for but for posts like this?

So here are my top ten favourite albums that I bought this year:-

1. Lambchop - Is a Woman
2. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
3. Bob Dylan - Live 1975
4. The Microphones - The Glow Pt 2
5. Jim O'Rourke - Insignificance
6. The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
7. Neko Case - Blacklisted
8. Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
9. Bruce Springsteen - The Rising
10.Tift Merritt - Bramble Rose

Okay - not sure about the last couple, maybe Aimee Mann's 'Lost in Space' or Sonic Youth's 'Murray Street' should be there and James Yorkston's album was pretty good too. Anyway it was a pretty average year for music (or at least for the kind I like) with most of the best stuff released by March . Not a classic by any measure I think.

No comments: