Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Had a tough night last night. Went to the Josh Ritter gig at the Roisin last night only to find it sold out. So we waited and had a few jars. Luckily the man at the door let us in to see the last 30 mins of the set. It was my first time seeing the guy play - I had expected him to be more straight ahead country. But two things struck me - 1. the place was full of young girls. 2. The guy was actually pretty funny!. Kinda reminded me of a young Loudon Wainwright. (Speaking of whom - I must check out some more of Loudon's music.) Anyway, Josh wasn't bad - good singer / competent songs - didn't excite me a great deal but then maybe I missed the best part of the gig. He also does a mean Shane MacGowan impression. After that we went nightclubbing and now I've a sore head.....

No comments: